This course is designed to steadfastly improve your conversation skills in an enjoyable atmosphere. A lot of speaking exercises are given in each class. A free talk session with Japanese guests is held on the last day of the course. In addition to three conversation-focused lessons, the students will participate in activities twice a week.
Voices from students
August 2 to August 27, 2021.
- If you haven’t studied Japanese before, please start on August 2.
- The course can be taken in one-week increments.
8:00 – 10:50 or 16:00 – 18:50 (50-minute lessons x 3/day)
- After class, there are activities twice a week for about an hour.
- If there are one or two applicants, the class will be held for two lessons per day.
Complete beginner to Advanced (6 levels)
|evel||Designed for||Previous learning time||CEFR level|
|1||Compelete beginner||0 – 100 hours||Lower A1|
|2||Beginner (first stage)||80 – 160 hours||Upper A1 – Lower A2|
|3||Beginner (middle stage)||180 – 250 hours||Lower A2|
|4||Beginner (last stage)||240 – 350 hours||Upper A2|
|5||Pre-intermediate||300 – 450 hours||Lower B1|
|6||Intermediate||400 – 800 hours||Middle B1|
- Students of level 4 or above must be able to read hiragana and katakana.
- Students of level 6 must be able to read N3 level kanji.
- By using KAI’s original materials, the lessons focus on improving mainly conversational skills. In the lessons of level 6, the students will gain not only conversational improvement but also the overall Japanese competency by learning advanced grammar, expressions and vocabulary.
max. 15 persons.
Friday July 16, 2021.
|Regular price||Early Bird|
|¥30,000 per week||¥27,000 per week|
- The above fees include the materials and activities.
- The early bird discount is applicable only when the booking is completed by June 2.
- 10% discount for those who have taken one of our courses before.
- If there are one or two applicants, the class will be held for two lessons per day instead of three lessons per day.
Enjoy Japan with online activities!
There are activities to enjoy Japan even if you participate online. The Practical Conversation Course Plus (live online) includes activities, so have fun!
|Aug.3||11:00 / 19:00||Tokyo “well-kept-secret spots” online sightseeing tour|
|Aug. 5||11:00 / 19:00||Zazen|
|Aug. 10||11:00 / 19:00||1-hour homestay (live online)|
|Aug. 12||11:00 / 19:00||Japanese language games and free talk with guests|
|Aug. 17||11:00 / 19:00||Dining Manners|
|Aug. 19||11:00 / 19:00||Origami (paper folding)|
|Aug. 24||11:00 / 15:00||Visit a Temple (live online)|
|Aug. 26||11:00 / 19:00||Japanese language games and free talk with guests|
Please note for classes starting at 4:00 p.m., activities on August 24 will start at 3:00 p.m. before class, not after.
Tokyo “well-kept-secret spots” online sightseeing tour
The teacher will use a privately shot video to introduce you to parts of Tokyo you may not know!
A priest of the temple will teach you zazen from the temple. Let’s just sit in silence and feel the extraordinary. English interpretation will be provided.
1-hour homestay (live online)
The teacher will invite you to her home in a kimono. Let’s experience a visit to a Japanese home online.
Japanese language games and free talk with guests
Let’s play games using Japanese. We will also invite guests and you can enjoy free conversation with Japanese people.
Japanese food, which has been registered as World Heritage, has its own unique manner. Let’s deepen the understanding of Japanese culture through proper manners.
Origami (paper folding)
Let’s make all sorts of things out of paper we have in our house!
Visit a Temple (live online)
The teacher will introduce the temple and how to pray there. In case of rain, we will use the video we have already taken.