This is a Japanese language course that students will acquire a high level of Japanese language skills, with the possibility of obtaining a student visa by spending 6 months to 2 years. Students have a variety of goals, such as finding a job in Japan, entering a university or vocational school, or passing the JLPT N1.
The most advanced Japanese language education in a digital environment
KAI Japanese Language School was one of the first Japanese language schools in Japan to introduce iPads In October 2015, we started to digitize our classes by lending iPads to all students in our General Course. We have built KAI⋮DLS (Digital Learning System) to provide original teaching materials and a learning platform for our students.
iPad for every student
All students in the General course are loaned an iPad (64GB) with a mobile connection to start learning immediately, providing an environment for learning both in and out of the classroom.
KAI’s original teaching materials in iBooks!
KAI’s original materials, available in iBooks, allow students to underline, write notes, and even use an online dictionary.
Manage Classes in iTunes U
With materials used in class, homework submissions, and posts from instructors, students can easily learn at any time.
Multinational student learning environment
The environment where students from more than 40 countries come together greatly promotes cultural understanding, coexistence, and intercultural communication among students. In a class of around 15 students, the only common language in the class is, of course, Japanese. The course will be completed in two years (attendance at least 80% and grades at least 70%), and you will receive a certificate of the level you last completed. We offer a variety of hands-on opportunities by inviting ordinary Japanese people to attend visitor sessions such as free talk, leader’s talk, essay supporters, and discussions.
Student population by country in 2020
Student population by area in 2020
Student population by age group in 2020
Sneak peek of our lesson
At KAI Japanese Language School, we use the flipped class system. The purpose of the flipped class is to improve practical skills. Let’s take a watch at how our students are studying.
Level２ Culture: Tea ceremony
Level３ Culture: Sumo
- 1 Term: 10 weeks
- Lesson days: 5 days a week (Mon. to Fri.)
- 1 Lesson: 50 minutes
- Lessons per week: 20
- Time: 9:00-12:50 or 13:40-17:30
*The class time can’t be chosen.
- Class size：Max 16
- Admission: 4 times a year (January, April, July and October)
- Apply for a college student visa: Possible
- Eligibility: 18 years old or older, high school graduate or equivalent
For more information about visas, please click here.
|Beginner Level |
(Beginner Level 1, 2)
|Students will be taught basic grammar sentence patterns firmly, and Japanese assembling is understood thoroughly.|
(Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate Level 1, 2)
|Variation of expressions is learned around communication skill learning after six months, thereafter which the power of application is acquired.|
(More Social Topics / Grammar Strengthening / Vocabulary /Kanji 1000)
(Pre-Advanced and Advanced Level 1, 2)
|After one year, students will achieve advanced level of Japanese communication skills. Students will be able to speak and write with accuracy and logic. Achieving a level of sophistication in their communication will enhance their ability to speak with others comfortably and build their human relations network.|
Students are encouraged to choose elective classes In order that they can learn Japanese general communication skills and contents efficiently.
( Expressions – Logical Expressions / Preparation for Special or Technical Fields / Kanji 2000 )
|Winter Term||Jan. 13 – Mar. 25, 2021|
|Spring Term||Apr. 5 – Jun. 17, 2021|
|Summer Term||Jun. 30 – Sep. 24, 2021|
|Autumn Term||Oct. 6 – Dec. 17, 2021|
- Summer break: Jul. 31, 2021 – Aug. 15, 2021
- 9:00 – 12:50 or 13:40 – 17:30
- 200 lessons per term, 20 lessons per week Monday-Friday, Four lessons per day (50 min. each)
- Classes will be a hybrid format with a mix of school attendance and online classes. The frequency of each will be determined by the prevalence of the novel coronavirus at that time.
- Materials & KAI⋮DLS (Digital Learning System) fee includes KAI’s original digital learning materials, commercial printed books and various handouts as well as usage of custom developed software and services.
- The cost required for extracurricular activities such as transportation and admission fees are paid by students on site.
- All General Course students are required to use an iPad for their lessons. A rental iPad is available for a fee as listed above. If you wish to use your own iPad, it must be iPad Air 2 (2014) or later, 9.7″ and above. The iPad mini is too small for viewing course materials. The storage of 32GB and above is recommended. Be advised, some Wifi+Cellular iPads purchased outside of Japan may not work with the Japanese mobile networks.
- A rental iPad for temporary use is available for ¥500 per day.
|Student visa application fee||¥20,000|
|Insurance (6 months)||¥5,800|
|Insurance (9 months to 1 year)||¥10,000|
NBJ Business Japanese Program
This is a program to learn business Japanese, which is suited for those who study in the advanced levels of the General Japanese course and/or who have JLPT N2 or equivalent skills. This program meets the educational standards and criteria set forth by the Nisshinkyo Business Japanese Language Program.
Advanced level optional classes
KAI Japanese Language School has started offering optional classes for current General Japanese Course students in response to the needs that they want to study more. Taking these classes in addition to the regular course makes the students learn the subjects most suitable to their specific needs as well as improve their Japanese more efficiently in a shorter period of time. Non KAI students are also welcome to take the classes.